Learn to preemptively manage positive and negative events that may affect the execution of a development project.
About this course
Project teams usually spend a large portion of their time solving problems instead of preventing them. Project risk management seeks to preemptively manage positive and negative events that may affect a project so as to improve its chance of success.
What will you be able to do by the end of the course?
- Identify risks in scenarios of uncertainty
- Determine who can help you
- Understand how to manage risks in settings with limited resources
- Develop risk response strategies
- Monitor and update risks throughout the life of the project
Who is this course for?
- Project managers or supervisors
- Project team members
- Funders and financiers
- Public officials from national, subnational, and municipal entities
- Professionals from different fields who help develop and execute projects
- Professionals Interested in risk management in development projects
By taking this course you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other participants. There will be a case study through which you will be able to apply best risk-management practices to a project and you will also carry out practical exercises that will help you understand key concepts.
What you’ll learn
- Identify the main stages involved in preparing a risk management plan for development projects following theIDB’s methodology, which is based on PMI’s international standards, to successfully achieve expected results and impacts.
- Recognize the process of identifying risks that may affect the project and documenting their characteristics to facilitate risk analysis and subsequent management.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk analysis process and evaluating and combining risks’ probability of occurrence and impact to prioritize them.
- Recognize risk management strategies that allow for managing opportunities and threats that could impact the project’s objectives.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk monitoring process and continuously optimizing responses to improve efficiency when managing the project life cycle.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings