Standard Format Regulations for Written Assignments
From the moment any piece of written work is first submitted to your instructors or their substitutes, its assessment and grading is governed by Yesbud University’s regulations concerning academic integrity. Students are referred to the policy on academic integrity Section 4.2.2 of the General Calendar. Violations of this policy, including all forms of plagiarism, will not be tolerated.
Always proofread your written work. Check it using the following list of rules before you submit it.
- Staple your pages together before handing in (top left corner).
- Use 1″ margins on all sides.
- Use only 12pt type in a standard font.
- Number your pages (the first page of text is page 1).
- Always double-space (except in lengthy offset quotations).
- Do not leave blank spaces between paragraphs.
- Indent every paragraph.
- Avoid very long (1 page) and very short (1-2 sentence) paragraphs.
- Give your work an interesting and descriptive title.
- Do not underline your own title.
- Avoid slang expressions (e.g., ‘popped him one’).
- Introduce all direct quotations (see over).
- Long quotations (4 lines) are to be offset (see over).
- Use a bibliography, on a separate page (see over).
- All book titles must be underlined or italicized (not both – be consistent).
- Correct all common spelling and typographical errors (use spell-check).
- Spell the instructor’s name correctly.
Additional format regulations may vary from course to course, especially concerning referencing and bibliographies.