World-changing research, made possible
We believe great research, properly applied can lead to lasting and positive change in people’s lives. Our research focus has led to hundreds of discoveries and breakthroughs.
It’s a certain drive to question the answers and go beyond convention that makes research at Yesbud different. We believe that great research, when properly applied, can lead to lasting and positive change in the world.
An oral presentation provides a chance for students to present their research work by reading a paper and/or showing PowerPoint slides to a group of interested faculty, students, and judges.
Research Paper Requirements
- Abstracts: Abstract should not have more than 500 words.
- Extended Abstract: The Extended Abstract is a work in progress research or project that is not yet completed. The extended abstract should not exceed 2 pages (including introduction, body of knowledge and conclusion, supported by not more than 10 references).
- Full Research Paper: Completed research papers in any of the topic areas. This is a completed research work or project. A total of 6 to 8 pages for a paper including all figures, tables, and references.
- Masters Research Proposal: Research proposal done by any students in any of the topic. A total of 4 to 5 pages for research proposal including all figures, tables, and references.
- Case Studies: Case studies in any of the topic. Case studies should not exceed 6 pages including introduction, body of knowledge and conclusion, supported by not more than 10 references.
- Work-in-Progress (Reports or Proposals for Doctoral Future Research): Incomplete research or ideas for future research in order to generate discussion and feedback in any of the topic. A total of 4 to 6 pages for a work-in-progress reports or proposals for future research including all figures, tables, and references.
- Reports on Issues Related to Teaching: Reports related to innovative instruction techniques or research related to teaching in any of the topic. The reports should not exceed 4 pages including introduction, body of knowledge and conclusion, supported by not more than 10 references.
Format of Presentations
- Paper sessions will consist of 15 minutes long – up to 10 minutes for the presentation, and 5 minutes for questions and answers. You are expected to present your paper within 15 minutes including question time.
- Presentation Forum the presentation will be done online via Microsoft Teams.
- Research paper submit your research using the Yesbud University Template.
PowerPoint Guidelines and Resources
Create a PowerPoint presentation of no more than 10 slides. Your 10 minute presentation will be based on this powerpoint presentation.
Your PowerPoint presentation should contain the information you would have put in a report/proposal, just presented in a different style. As an example, headings may include, but are not limited to, any or all of the following: Introduction, Research Question/Hypothesis, Methods and Data Collection, Data Presentation/Findings. Conclusion, and Literature Review .
Event Day Protocol and Judging Guidelines
- Log into your Microsoft Team on time before the presentation time.
- You will have Seven (7) judges. The judges will introduce themselves. You will also have other audience students, faculty members, researchers etc.
- Present your PowerPoint presentation to the judges. This presentation should be no more than 15 minutes long – up to 10 minutes for the presentation, and 5 minutes for questions.
- The judges will go through all your submitted matterials before they join your meeting.
- The PowerPoint and video will both be available on our website. In addition to the required 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, presenters are allowed (strictly optional) an additional 5 slides to have on hand during the time they interact with their judges on Microsoft Teams.
- Judging will be based on the submitted materials (50%) plus the live meeting discussion between the judge and presenter (50%).
Submission and Review Process
- Submit your research work on Time
- You research work will be sent for a double blind review.
- You will receive an email notification if you research work is accepted or rejected presentation.
- As soon as you receive an email notification, please proceed with your presentation preparations.
- Submit your Powerpoint presentation before the Deadline Provided
- After submitting your powerpoint you will receive an invitation letter and feedback on how the research work can be improved.
- After applying the reviewers’ feedback to your submission, please email the final version to email@example.com