Master of Science in Environmental Management
|Duration 18 months||Level Post Graduation|
|Type Degree||Eligibility Graduation|
M.Sc. Environmental Management or Master of Science in Environmental Management is a postgraduate Environmental Science course. Environmental Management covers the management of waste materials, pollution prevention activities associated with water, air, and soil, and the developing and implementation of effective environmental management systems. In addition to it, the specialization focuses on identifying options for effectively managing land and water resources for the benefit of all society. The duration of Master of Science in Environment Management is 18 months. After completing it applicants have many career options.
M.Sc. Environmental Management Eligibility
- Aspiring students should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent in subjects like Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Engineering or Geography.
- The applications are scrutinized on individual basis and the candidates with relevant experience in this field are most preferred.
M.Sc. Environmental Management Syllabus
Syllabus of Environmental Management as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Management information System|
|2||Community Participatory Action Research (CBPAR)|
|3||Basics of environment and its management|
|5||Environmental chemistry and pollution|
|6||Environmental earth science and natural hazards management|
|7||Environmental sampling and data analysis|
|8||Analytical methods for environmental monitoring|
|9||Management process and Organizational behaviour|
|10||Environmental law and management|
|11||Practical I and Fieldwork|
|10||Remote sensing and GIS – Application in environmental management|
|12||Energy and environment|
|14||Basics of water supply and treatment|
|15||Practical II and Fieldwork|
|16||Environmental impact assessment & risk analysis|
|17||Air pollution management|
|18||Waste water management|
|19||Solid waste management and disposal|
M.Sc. Environmental Management Course Suitability
- Candidates must have keen interest in science and mathematics skills and the ability to apply environmental engineering principles to a variety of tasks.
- One should have good communication skill and a knack for explaining environmental engineering topics.
- They must have the ability to work as a team, creative and flexible mind, scientific aptitude, decision making and problem solving skill are some other needed attributes.
How is M.Sc. Environmental Management Course Beneficial?
- Candidates can find opportunities in the private sector. They are also required in chemical, manufacturing, textile industries.
- It helps those interested in teaching or research job will need to clear the UGC exam for becoming lecturer at colleges/universities level.
- Environmental management jobs in India would come up in big way as according to career counsellors positions for environmental engineer, environmental chemist, environmental expert, environmental and quality manager, water and environmental sanitation officer, and environmental scientist, etc. would come in large numbers in coming days.
M.Sc. Environmental Management Employment Areas
- Colleges and Universities
- Environmental Management Boards
- Coastal Management Centers
- Biotech Companies
M.Sc. Environmental Management Job Types
- Analyst – Environmental Management
- Manager – Environmental Management
- Environmental Officer/Manager
- Manager – Environmental Management Pharmaceutical
- Environmental Management System Assistant
- Environmental Economist
- Team Leader/Coastal Management Specialist
- Environmental Biotechnologist
- Environmental Technician – Supplier Management
- Trainee Medical Representative
- Product Manager – Environmental Health & Safety